The road to the top with Guinness: made of more

Guinness.jpgNicely crafted print and poster work for Asia Pacific Breweries/Diagio from BBDO Proximity Singapore that shows the road to the top for a rock star.

Credits - Chief Creative Officer: Danny Searle. Executive Creative Director: Scott Walker. Creative Directors: Primus Nair, Douglas Goh. Copywriter Primus Nair. Art Director: Douglas Goh. Photographer Cedric Lim, Egg Productions. Illustrator: Jeroel Leyble. Art Buyer: Jowie Luo.

7 Comments

James Steward said:

Drink a pint of stout and you can become a rock star? Come on. Made of more? What more? Needless to say, it is very 90s.

Sam said:

Reminds me of samsonite

James said:

Nice art. Incredibly boring.

Terry said:

This should do well in the CCA! don't forget to submit for craft too.

R said:

This last year of advertising will be known as the age of little model scenes...

God help us said:

If this is the best a grand brand like Guinness can do these days, advertising is truly dead. Made of More? What fluff. How they could ever lose the positioning 'Good things come to those wait'.

Heskie said:

^
I can imagine the planning guy who changed that strategy: "Good things come to those who wait is great but I cant recommend it since you pay me shitloads of dosh and if I dont change it I wount be doing my job. So let me try to fuck up your brand with some deep insight. In Asia no one likes to wait....it's the economic tiger of the world....we cant have a line that appears to hold them back. Asia waits for no one." Bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Client: "That's so great....lets use it for the whole world so it doesnt just look like Im just carrying on my predecessor's legacy. Lets dump the greatest line in the history of this foul drink and go with this crap...Made of More....I love it."

About Campaign Brief Asia

A blog for advertising creatives in Asia. To pass on news or advertise on the CB Asia blog, or to subscribe to Campaign Brief Asia or Campaign Brief Australia/NZ magazines, or The Work 09 Annual, email: Kim or Michael

Latest jobs

Retrieving latest jobs

House rules for commenting

Here are the ground rules for posting comments on stories: This site is a moderated blog. Comments that are seen to be more abusive than witty and/or constructive will not be posted. Obviously, we do not allow 'hate speech' or comments that are seen as a personal attack, defamatory, degrading or prejudicial to an individual or company. Overly abusive language also adds nothing to any discussion and will not be published. On occasions we will be asking people to contribute work, opinions and views on various topics - you are free to disagree, so long as you observe the above rules and remain constructive.