DDB DM9JaymeSyfu Philippines and Ogilvy & Mather Shanghai win gold at Epica Awards
Ogilvy & Mather China continues to reel in the trophies with Coca Cola's "Coke Hands" winning the Graphic Design Category, and receiving three silver Epica's in the Drinks. Print Craft and Illustration categories.
DDB DM9Jaymesyfu Philippines also won gold in the Public Interest Interactive Category for their Gabriela Campaign Against Sex Scandal Videos • "Bury The Past Project".
China lead the region with a total of four silver and five bronze wins, followed by India with two silver and three bronze. Hong Kong, Japan and The Philippines received a silver and bronze each, and Singapore received one bronze.
Silver category winners were:
- Animation - DANS China - Gemdale Lake City Project • "Lake City-Art".
- Drinks - Ogilvy & Mather Advertising - Coca-Cola • "Coke hands"
- Print Craft - Ogilvy & Mather Advertising - Coca Cola • "Coke hands"
- Illustration - Ogilvy & Mather Advertising - Coca Cola • "Coke hands"
- Print Craft - DDB Group Hong Kong - Westone • "Earphones" Campaign
- Communication Services - BBH India - Google Chrome • "Tanjore"
- Print Craft - Leo Burnett India - Bajaj Exhaust fans • "Get It Back" Campaign
- Graphic Design - I&S BBDO Japan - Nishinihon Tenrei (Funeral Parlor) • "Life Is Endless"
- Media Innovation - Alternative Media - DDB DM9JaymeSyfu Philippines - Gabriela - Campaign Against Sex Scandal Videos • "Bury The Past Project"
Bronze category winners were:
- Health & Beauty - JWT Shanghai - Maxam Toiletries • "Civilization-Egypt"
- Illustration - JWT Shanghai - Maxam Toiletries • "Civilization-Egypt"
- Public Interest - Ogilvy Beijing PETA • "Skin"
- Public Relations - Proximity China - Volkswagen The People's Car Project • "Hover Car"
- Social Networks - Proximity China - Volkswagen The People's Car Project • "Hover Car"
- Print Craft - Leo Burnett Hong Kong - Staedtler • "The Pencil - Church" BRONZE Clothing,
- Footwear & Personal Accessories - BBH India - World Gold Council • "Diwali"
- Homes, Furnishings & Appliances - Leo Burnett India - Bajaj Exhaust Fans • "Get It Back" Campaign
- Consumer Direct - Leo Burnett India - Door Step School • "Ink Pad"
- Publication Design - I&S BBDO Japan - KSC Corporation • "National Defense Calender"
- Media Innovation - Alternative Media - BBDO Guerrero Philippines - Pepsi • "Bottle Light"
- Radio Advertising - Leo Burnett Group Singapore - APEX Clubs of Singapore "Somebody"
The Epica Jury is made up of journalists. Not just any journalists. They are all editors and senior reporters working for marketing and communications magazines around the world.
So when it comes to judging
work submitted to Epica, they have not only the fresh perspective of the
public, but also the expert eye of professionals who've spent years
observing the advertising industry.
The Epica awards ceremony and International Creative Conference will again take place in Ljubljana. It will be held at the Cankarjev Dom Culture & Congress Centre on Friday, January 25th, 2013. A full programme of speakers and topics will be announced at a later date. The event will be hosted by Slovenia's MM magazine.
The annual Epica ceremony has now been held in 19 different cities: Brussels, Amsterdam, Moscow, London, Zurich, Düsseldorf, Warsaw, Lisbon, Helsinki, Prague, Milan, Dublin, Budapest, Istanbul, Stockholm, Athens, Belgrade, Zagreb and Ljubljana.